“Men who have lived significant lives are men who never waited: not for money, security, ease, or women. Feel what you want to give most as a gift, to your woman and to the world, and do what you can to give it today. Every moment waited is a moment wasted, and each wasted moment degrades your clarity of purpose.”
― David Deida,
How to Be a Man – The Way of the Superior Man by David Deida. When it comes to Masculinity, David Deida has to be the most knowledgeable on the topic. This is absolutely my favorite book, and if I could only give one book to another man, it would be this. This first part covered some of my favorite ideas on what it means to be a man. There will be a second part that will go into detail about how the masculine should interact with the feminine. Enjoy!
- Big idea 1 (0:00) : Stop hoping for a completion of anything in life.
- Big idea 2 (1:49) : Don't get lost in tasks and duties.
- Big idea 3 (2:54) : Be willing to change everything in your life.
- Big idea 4 (4:35) : Live as if your father were dead.
- Big idea 5 (5:45) : If you don't know your purpose, discover it now.